Spa Party Ideas or Makeover Party
||Spa Party Fun for girls, teens, tweens and ladies. Whether you are celebrating a birthday party, bridal shower or just having some sleepover fun, here are some spa party ideas to help you to celebrate your special occasion. Spa Party Supplies
Spa Party Plan for Birthdays or Theme Parties
Spa Party Invitations
||Spa Party Invitation Three Towel wrapped Ladies with green masks. Host a unique birthday party full of face masks, hair treatments, nail polish and good old fashioned fun with these charming teen birthday party invitations from Le Papier Boutique.
||Spa Invitation with a floral border with a spa scene. Includes white unlined envelopes. Great for bridesmaid luncheon, bridal shower or spa parties for girls.
Spa Party Decorations
- Spa resort.If you are able to have a party at a spa resorts, minimal decor is required however, you can ask to bring table decor if they don’t provide party decor.
- Serene Settings. Decorate the party room, party table and atmosphere in relaxing whites, subtle cool colors and shades. Choose colors like crisp white cottons, lavender, sea breeze green, aquas, and sage greens for your decorations.
- Terry Table Cover. Layer table with white terry table cloth. If you cannot find one, make your own by purchasing terry fabric by the yard or just use white towels and layer them on the table.
- Terry Chair Covers. Make your own terry chair covers by using plain white towels and folding over the top half. Sew the edges together on each side to make a simple rectangular chair cover. This way you can have a worry-free party and not worry about cream, nail polish or lotion spills on your chairs or tables.
- Spa Centerpiece. Make a simple, affordable spa centerpiece by placing a sage pillar candle on a silver charger, and surrounding the bottom of the candle with fresh white daisies.
- Spa Place Setting. For each guest, set up an area with a mirror, mixing bowls, cotton balls, mini spoons, terry face cloths, head band, files, and tissues.
- Spa Food and Party Table. Consider using Asian inspired decoration and place setting for your food and party table for a relaxed, calm ambiance.
- Separate Party Table. Set up a party table away from the spa table with the cake, plates, napkins and other food items.
- Spa Terry Towels. Use a sage green ribbon, to tie a rolled up terry towel. Glue a silk daisy on to the ribbon with a glue gun. Place the towel at each place setting.
- Custom Water Bottles. Order custom water bottle labels for your party or make your own. Add in the guests’ names so guest would know which bottle belongs to them.
- Fresh Flowers. Add lots of fresh flowers in clear vases on the party table, spa table and party room. Flowers such as daisies, hydrangeas, light colored roses and greenery are all good choices.
- Candle Light. You can never have too many candles. Light candles to create the serene, relaxing ambiance. Be careful with candles that have too strong of a scent, as some guests may be sensitive to smell. Also, if younger kids will be present, keep lit candles to a minimum.
Spa Guest Arrival and Introduction
- Spa Robe. When guests arrive give each one a white luxurious spa robe or wrap to wear.
- Spa Terry Headband. Have guests put on a terry headband to keep hair away from the face.
- Relaxing Tunes. Play relaxing music used for meditation or relaxing as guests arrive. This immediately help create the mood and quietness needed for this type of party.
- Before and After Photo Shoot. Take pictures of guests as they arrive and take a “before” picture. Take the “after” picture at the end of the party. Use the two to create your own “Before and After” Photo shoot of your guests. Use this as your thank you note or as party favor.
- Magazine Stand. Set up magazines on a coffee table for those who are waiting their turn to have their fortune read or for their sign analysis. Some great teen magazines are: Seventeen, Teen Vogue, M Magazine and American Girl. For magazine for women some suggestions are: Shape, Glamour, Women’s Day, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Oprah, Vogue and Women’s World. Health related magazines: Body + Soul, Fitness, Weight Watchers, and Self.
Spa Party Crafts
- Friendship Necklaces. Make necklaces using glass multi-faceted beads, memory wire and use pliers to close off ends. Add in a miniature pendant in the middle for each girl.
- Flip Flop Slippers. Give each girl a pair of flip flop slippers and let them decorate them so they will have flip flops ready for their pedicure.
- Scrapbooking Pages. Give each girl scrapbook pages and take pictures of the party, print them out instantly with a portable printer and let girls decorate and take home as party favor.
- T-shirt gems. Get t-shirts and gems and let girls decorate with their own designs.
- Hair beading. Get various colored beads and use a hair bead threader to help thread the various designs and beads into a few thin strands of hair. Use a mini clear elastic to secure at the end of the strand.
- Votive Holder. Get a miniature glass votive and let girls decorate with glass paints, glitter and gems. Let Dry. Wrap with pretty lace tulle and ribbon.
- Decorated Hair Pins. Decorate hair pins by gluing mini silk flowers to one end using hot glue gun. Let dry. Add in crystal stone in the middle. Lightly spray or brush some spray adhesive to the silk flower and sprinkle with super fine sparkle glitter. Let dry.
Spa Party Recipes
Healthy Snacks and Foods for Spa Party:
- Fresh Fruit Skewer. Cut up fresh fruit and thread onto wooden skewers for easy healthy snack.
- Yogurt with Topping. Serve fresh vanilla yogurt in glass mini bowls topped with granola or sliced toasted almonds.
- Banana Bread. Serve sliced banana bread with Devonshire cream.
- Pumpkin Muffins. For a moist, sweet delicious and healthy treat serve Pumpkin Muffins.
- Various cheeses. Get a variety of cheeses as appetizers, snack or dessert.
- Whole Wheat Crackers. Serve with crackers above.
- Watermelon Wedges. Another healthy fruit alternative. Serve in small wedges with skin.
- Grapes Clusters. Serve grapes in small serving clusters.
- Crustless tea sandwiches. Make crustless tea sandwiches like egg sandwiches, chicken salad, and cucumber sandwiches.
- Ciabatta Pizza Appetizers. Make Ciabatta Pizza Appetizers ahead of time and toast in the oven before serving.
- Feta Cheese with Olive Appetizers. Another easy and delicious pick up snack that is savory and salty is Feta Cheese with Olive Appetizers.
- Mozzarella Tomato Skewers. Simple easy appetizers with delicious nutty olive oil drizzle and aromatic basil.
Spa Party Drinks and Ideas:
- Sparkling Water. Serve in a pretty glass with wedges of lime or lemon.
- Cranberry and Ginger Ale Mix. Serve cold with fresh blackberries.
- Mimosas. Orange juice and Champagne. Delicious for morning or brunch spas.
- Sparkling Apple Cider. Great for kids.
- San Pellegrino Water. Serve cold with lime wedges.
- Orangina Drink. Serve cold with orange wedges.
- Fruit Smoothies. Whip up some healthy recipes with bananas, mango, yogurt, protein powder, almonds, spinach, etc.
- Green Tea. Decorate your own with custom tea bags.
- Capuccino. Piping hot capuccino with whipped cream, splash of cinnamon or chocolate shavings.
- Five Spice Chai Tea. Add your own spices of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, with honey, sugar, and milk to make Indian Chai.
Spa Party Cakes and Desserts
- Make Up and Pamper Spa Cake. Make a 2 tier cake and decorate with fondant. Make make up brush, compact, and lipstick out of colored fondant. Use aluminum foil for the mirror, and various metal parts.
- Flip Flop Cake. Another great option for a spa or pamper party.
- Spa Cupcakes. Use these cupcakes to make spa party cupcakes by just adding mini eye masks to these cupcakes.
- Purse Cookies. Adorable purse cookies are delicious and elegantly made. Just tie a themed colored ribbon for a coordinated look. Place on the party table or in a pretty basket.
- Shoe Cookies. Which girl does not love shoes? Get these favors for your spa party or have custom ones made for you.
- Cupcake Pops. These cupcake pops are perfect for snack time between spa sessions or instead of a large cake.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Chocolate are a must when girls are having some fun. Make your own chocolate dipped strawberries or order ones from exclusive chocolate boutiques.
Spa Party Games, Activities and Facial Recipes
||Bath Bomb Fizzies Guests will have fun making their own bath bomb fizzies to take home. Have them create their own custom scent and bath fizzies by combining scents, coloring, and natural decorations. Once dry, package and let them take home as a party favor. Follow easy bath bomb instructions here.
This cooling mask is great for a quick easy mask, sunburns and all skin types. Simple and safe for children parties so kids can mix their own ingredients and it is made of 100% food products.
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature (not lowfat or non-fat)
- 1 tsp runny honey (microwave on low to soften)
- 2 slices of cucumber
Combine the 2 ingredients and mix. Apply to face. Place 2 slices of cucumber on eyes. Wash off after 15 minutes with hot steaming wash cloth. For dry skin, add an extra teaspoon of honey. For oily skin, add a few drops of fresh lime juice.
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 5-6 drops essential oil of your choice
- 2-3 drops soap coloring
Combine ingredients thoroughly. Pour into cleaned, dry tubes or glass jars. Tie a pretty ribbon with a tag with instructions. Source for photos and recipe.
||Spa Index Bath Cookies
- 2 cups finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbs almond oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 drops vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix together. Scoop out a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a flat ball. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with natural herbs, petals, spices or citrus zest. Place in oven and bake for 10 min until lightly brown. Cool. Store in dry containers or glass jars. To use, place 1 or 2 bath cookies into a warm bath and allow to dissolve. Source.
||Lime Acid Mask
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grape juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cane sugar
Blend all ingredients together. Apply to face using cotton ball. Leave on to dry for 10 minutes. Rinse off. The sugar acts as a sloughing agent to get rid of dead skin making way for smooth new cell growth. This mask is 100% natural, easy to make and affordable.
||Honey Foot Scrub
- 2 cups fine sea salt
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups almond oil
Blend all ingredients together and stir with a wooden spoon. Place feet in a tub and use a clean brush to brush on the honey scrub onto your legs and feet. Use a natural sea sponge and pumice stone to scrub your skin. Rinse completely and dry.
||Hair Fun, Braids and Crazy Hair Day.
Have the girls experiment with doing each others hair in braids, curlers, wraps, beads and updos. Get curlers, embroidery floss, bead threaders, beads, elastics, scrunchies, pins, crystal hair combs, french braid clips, hair extensions, etc. so they can play and experiment with the different looks and products.
||Make Up and Glamour
Consider hiring a professional make up artists to give make-up tips, consultation, color analysis and to talk about the latest make-up ideas. If you have a limited budget, consider hiring a student from a local cosmetology school instead.
||Beauty Treatments and Updos
Another popular idea is to hire a local nail or hair professionals to give manicures, pedicures or do hair updos. For my daughter’s 10th birthday, we hired local nail professionals to come to the house and do mini mani- and pedicures. It turned out much cheaper than going to the salon. The convenience factor was also important since we did not have to trek 12 girls across town into the salon.
Go out on a limb and have some fun with tattoos. Give guests vintage, tribal tattoos or tattoo sleeves for the day. Don’t worry, they are only temporary. Just fool your friends or significant other that you got inked!
Get temporary Henna Tattoos and apply them to hands and feet for an Indian Theme and
||Party Games For Teens
Play teen sleepover games like – Truth or Dare, Light as a Feather Stiff as a Board, Bloody Mary, and Ouija Board Game.
||Fortune Telling. Set up an area for fortune telling using tarot cards, palm reading or using tea leaves. Hire a professional or get an adult to play one. Don’t forget the crystal ball and dark lighting. Another simple way is to get a bowl of Fortune Cookies and take turns reading fortunes.
||Sign Analysis. Figure out what signs each guest belongs to and make a tally chart. Let guests know character traits of their Astrological signs, Chinese Zodiac Signs, tarot cards or do a name analysis.
Spa Party Favors
- Toe Rings. A toe ring is a must have item and great party favor after a fabulous pedicure!
- Spa Party Buckets. Fill plastic buckets with spa supplies like lip gloss, nail files, body scrubs, lotions, etc.
- Oil Beads. Oil beads in various shapes, like duck, heart, flower, purse or diva shoe, make practical favors.
- Spa Favor Kits. Prepackaged Favor Kits make easy favors if you are short on time and don’t want to scout or shop around for favors.
- Nail Polish. Give away nail polish as party favors. Get various colors so girls or ladies can swap or paint each others’ nails during the party.
- Nail Files. A portable mini nail file makes a great take home gift to keep handy in your purse or glove compartment.
- Scrubbing Brush. Mini scrubbing sponges or brushes make practical party favors as well.
- Mini Soaps. Miniature soaps in honeycomb shapes, flowers, or fruit shapes make great party favors. Just wrap in clear cellophane bags and tie with a pretty decorative bow. For an added touch, attach a “Thank You!” tag to the ribbon.
- Confetti Bubble Bath. Confetti bubble bath in test tubes make great party favors. Comes in various fun shapes and colors.
- Heart Sachets. Make your own heart sachet and fill with fragrant potpourri. Attach name labels for each guest and give out as favors.
- Custom Tea Bags. Make your own custom tea bag label to give out as party favor. Simple and affordable craft that takes up very little time and effort.
- Spa Party Favor Towel. Make your own adorable Spa Party Favor shaped like an Ice Cream Cone with Vanilla Ice Cream. Follow these simple pictures and directions to make custom matching party favors.
- Spa Party Favor Purse. Another simple affordable spa purse favor that can be made with leftover scrapbook paper. Just follow directions and add your favorite candy. What about custom M&Ms with custom names, well wishes, and messages.
Other Spa Party Related Posts
Other Girl and Ladies Party Theme Ideas