Holiday Craft: Snowman Salt and Pepper Shaker
||Add a touch of whimsy to your table with these Snowman Salt and Pepper Shakers! Easy to make using foam stick-ons and felt. No extra glue required and great for a class party project or as an activity for a class party. Make the Christmas Tree as a backdrop and you have an instant yet functional Holiday centerpiece!|
Snowman Salt and Pepper Shakers
One of the challenges faced with being a class mom for my daughter’s fifth grade class is having a limited budget to purchase items for a class craft project. So I decided to hit the dollar store… I was looking around and found these salt and pepper shakers. So I decided to turn them into a snow couple, … say ‘hello’ to Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper! The craft was quick, easy and only a dollar for 2 shakers. This is what I did:
Snowman Salt and Pepper Supplies
- 2 shakers
- white foam sheet with sticky back
- black felt sheet with sticky back
- orange felt sheet with sticky back
- red felt
- light blue felt
- black marker
- 2 pieces of black 3″x3″ jersey, spandex, or ribbed cotton fabric
- 10″ black yarn
Snowman Salt and Pepper Directions:
- Measure height and circumference of the cap of the salt and pepper shaker.
- Cut out a white strip of foam felt (with sticky back) the height and length (circumference of the cap) of the shaker.
- Cut out a black strip of felt (with sticky back) about 1/4″ in height and same length (circumference of cap) as the white strip.
- Stick the black felt to the white foam strip by aligning the strips on one edge length-wise, and sticking the black on top of the white foam.
- Peel off the back of the white foam and stick all around the side of the cap of the salt and pepper shaker. This is the snowman’s head.
- With a black marker draw in eyes and a mouth, cut a small piece of orange felt to make a nose and stick that on.
- Cut a long strip of red felt and blue felt to make scarfs. Cut fringes at the bottom edges of the scarf and tie on. The red scarf is for the pepper and the blue scarf for the salt.
- Take the two pieces of black 3″x3″ fabric and sew the two side seams together. Turn the mini tube inside out so that the seams are on the inside.
- Take the black yarn and tie off the ends to make a hat. Cut off excess and re-tie to make a mini tassle. Make one hat for each shaker.
- Fill shakers with salt and pepper.
Supplies. Snowman Salt and Pepper supplies – 2 shakers, red felt, blue felt, black felt with peel off backing, white foam with peel off backing, orange felt nose.
Step 4. Align the white and black strips together and peel off backing, stick together.
Step 7. Cut a long strip of felt for the scarf. Cut fringes on both ends of the scarf.
Step 7. Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper without hats.
Step 8. Sew the two side seams of the 3″x3″ black pieces of fabric together to make a mini hat.
Step 9. Finished Salt and Pepper Shakers with Hats.
Other Christmas Party Related Posts
- Holiday Craft: How To Make an Advent Calendar
- Holiday Craft: Scented Dough Ornaments
- Holiday Craft: Snowman Salt and Pepper Shakers
- Holiday Decor: Easy Christmas Tree Centerpiece
- Holiday Games: Holiday Bingo for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or Winter break
- Holiday Recipes: Winter Salad with Ripe Pears
- Holiday Recipes: Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and Pine nuts
- Holiday Recipes: Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Shallots
- Holiday Recipes: Blushing Apple Butter