New Year Party with a Gold Theme
||Celebrate the New Year with friends and family by creating a gold and white theme New Year’s Party! Here are a few pictures and ideas of a neighborhood Holiday Party to ring in the New Year and to celebrate the holidays, either with friends, family, neighbors, or for an office party.
New Year Party Supplies
New Year Party Table of Contents
- New Year Party Supplies
- New Year Party Favor Supplies
- New Year Party Invitations
- New Year Party Decor
- New Year Party Crafts
- New Year Party Recipes
- New Year Party Cakes
- New Year Party Games
- New Year Party Favors
- New Year Party Supplies
New Year Party Invitations
Use invitations with a gold and white theme to tie in with your New Year’s Gold Party Theme. Create your own invitation using gold, black and white card stock. Layer the gold and black colors together. Print out the party details on plain white quality card stock and layer that over the black and gold. Finish off with a gold organza bow and use glue dots to glue the bow on the top portion of the invitation. Use gold, black and white confetti and sprinkle inside the envelope. Confetti comes in various shapes like champagne bottles, star, party hats, 2009, Happy New Year, etc.
New Year Party Decorations
- Gold Gossamer Fabric. Use gold gossamer to decorate the party room for New Year. This fabric is so versatile that it can be used to create a focal point on stage, like the Christmas tree in the picture, and it can be used to decorate your party table and tablescapes. The gossamer is made out of fine wire thread and comes in a roll. Cut to desired length and no need to hem edges. It won’t fray and if you re-roll the gossamer back into a roll, you can reuse year after year. In the pictures, the gold gossamer was used to create the golden tree and was used as a topper for the long rectangular tables.
- White Table Cloth. Use white cotton table cloth for a crisp look and decorate with a golden centerpiece. Take a small piece of gold gossamer and use as a topper. You only need a little for the tables to coordinate your look with the rest of the room.
- Gold Chargers. Use Gold Chargers to highlight and present foods, appetizers, desserts and decorations.
- Gold Party Supplies. Use Gold Plates and Utensils at the Party Table. However use crisp white napkins instead, decorated and tied with a gold ribbon.
- Golden Themed Centerpiece. Put together a golden-themed centerpiece made out of golden chargers, ornaments, garlands, a cylinder vase, glass rocks, flowers and an immersible waterproof glow light. Turn down the lights and watch these centerpieces steal the show! The lights creates a dramatic effect while providing the right ambiance and mood lighting.
- Twinkle Lights. Use rope lighting and holiday lights to dress up the New Year party table and room center piece.
- Seasonal Flowers. Use white Poinsettia flowers in gold foil to decorate the room.
- Party Kit. Get a party kit with gold and black top hats, and tiaras for everyone to wear. Some kits come with noisemakers, blowers, streamers, balloons, etc.
- Camera, Action! Don’t forget to put a few disposable cameras on party tables for everyone to capture the moments.
- Glow Lights. Add glow necklaces, bracelets, glow sticks as fun items for guests to wear.
- Gold Star Hangings. Hang Gold stars from the ceilings using festive metallic cutouts.
- Balloon Drop. At midnight have a balloon drop to celebrate the New Year!
||Place gold and white centerpieces on tables and illuminate with submersible lights in water, fresh lime and fresh flowers. More complete instructions here.|
New Year Party Recipes and Hors D’oeuvres Ideas
When planning for an adult evening event, generally, plenty of hors d’oeuvres are a must, especially if you will be spending a long time together and waiting till past midnight. Have a mix of items available that require a variety of preparation methods, like cold appetizers, warm appetizers, make-ahead snacks, etc. This way guests can nibble on ready-to-go snacks when they arrive and you will have time to heat up other appetizers later. Make-Ahead Appetizers (serve chilled):
- Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce
- Vegetables and Dip
- Fruit and Yoghurt Dip
Make-Ahead Appetizers (room-temperature):
- Mini Sandwiches
- Chips and Dip
- Roasted Eggplant and Yoghurt Dip served with Pita Bread
- Mini Ciabatta Pizza Appetizers
- Marinated Feta Cheese, Olives and Roasted Peppers
- Pita bread triangles with Hummus Garlic Dip
Make-Ahead Appetizers (served warm):
- Meatballs with Terriyaki Sauce
- Mini Quiches
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Baked Brie with Crackers
- Artichoke Dip with Crackers
- Mini Crab Cakes
- Scallops and Bacon Wrap
- Loaded Potato Skins with Bacon Bits and Cheddar
- Mozzarella Sticks
Appetizers that need to be fried on the spot (served warm):
- Mini Egg rolls with Plum Sauce
- Mini Fried Dough served with Powdered Sugar
New Year Drink List Options:
- Sparkling Champagne
- Mixed Drinks
- Spiced Tea or Chai
- Hot Apple Cider
New Year Party Cakes
- Tick Tock. Create a cake that looks like a clock that strikes midnight. Use gold foil to line the cake board and use gold sprinkles and other party decor to decorate the table around the cake to tie in the theme colors. Play the traditional New Year’s Song and have sparkly “trick candles” that light up like fireworks. Have everyone blow out the candles right at midnight.
- New Year. Make a sheet cake and use icing to create large numbers for the New Year, like “2009″ for the new year 2009 celebration. Another option is to use Roman Letters.
New Year Party Games and Activities
- Party Music. Play some fun, upbeat music and turn lights low so guest can wiggle the night away.
- Trivia Game. Play trivia games regarding current events to see how many people remember when and what happened the past year.
- Catch up. Have someone interview everyone at the party to record and catch up with everyone to see what their most memorable moment was for that year. Video tape all the interviews and play the tapes toward the end of the party for great memories and to share in everyone’s joys, tears and laughter.
- Guess Who? Have everyone write a trivia about themselves on a piece of paper and put into a bucket. Have someone read off all the little trivia pieces of paper and see who can guess which person the trivia is about. Whoever has the most guesses, wins.
- Sparklers. Give out sparklers to everyone to have a little bit of fireworks fun.
- Disco Dancing. Do some disco dancing and get a disco ball to add to the disco ambiance!
- Ball drop. Put up a disco ball and let it drop with an elaborate countdown at midnight. Make sure you have soft padding at the bottom to catch the ball though!
- Toot your horn. Give out gold New York style horns that blows out confetti and makes noise.
- Finger Lights. Give out finger lights and turn down the lights during dancing.
New Year Party Favors
- Gold favor boxes filled with chocolate truffles
- Champagne glass with the New Year printed on it
- Mini Calendar for the New Year
New Year Party Related Posts