Mermaid and Pirate Party Recipes
||Easy Fun Summer Party Recipes are great for any Mermaid Party, luau party, Pirate party, indoor pool party, or outdoor Summer Bash. Recipes include Fishbowl Punch, Fishing Pole cookies, Fish-and-Chips Snack Mix, Tropical Freeze, Mini Pirate ship sandwiches, and Seven-Seas Pasta Salad.|
Mermaid and Pirate Party Menu
- one 6 ounce frozen lemonade concentrate
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- one 0.22 ounce envelope blue-color unsweetened soft drink mix
- 1 liter bottle lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- refreezable plastic ice cubes in fish, shell shapes or pirate shape ice cubes
- In a large nonmetal pitcher, combine the lemonade concentrate, water and sugar. Stir in soft drink mix. Cover and chill mixture until serving.
- To serve, put lemonade mixture to punch bowl. If you don’t have a punch bowl, use a large, new clean, round aquarium. Add refreezable ice cubes. Makes 9 servings.
Add them to your punch bowl (blue punch) with refreezable star ice cubes or fish-shaped cubes for instant table decor and color. Or put blue tropical drinks in a tall pitcher with the star or pirate ice cubes below for a fun, festive drink!
Pirate Ice Cubes to will chill your drinks to the bone! Skulls and Bones Ice Cubes are perfect for a Pirate party and easy to pop-up from soft, food-safe synthetic rubber.
Fishing Pole Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- Food coloring
- six 1/4 inch-diameter wooden dowels, painted with non-toxic paint
- Beat butter fo 30 secs. Add sugar and baking powder. Beat in egg, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough, one half at a time, to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use 2 1/2-to 3-inch fish-shape cookie cutters to cut dough, rerolling dough as necessary. Transfer shapes to ungreased cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. With a plastic drinking straw, make a hole at the top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edge are light brown. Reopen holes with a toothpick. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool.
- For glaze, combine 4 cups powdered sugar, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the 1/4 cup milk. Divide into portions; tint each portion with food coloring, as desired. Glaze cookies. Stir additional powdered sugar into remaining icing for piping consistency. Pipe decorations on glazed fish. Let icing dry.
- Attach each fish to a wooden dowel, using the embroidery thread. Makes about 30 cookies.
Fish-and-Chips Snack Mix
- 4 cups corn chips
- one 6 ounce package bite-size cheddar cheese fish-shape crackers (3 cups)
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup fried mixed vegetable sticks or potato sticks (shoestring potatoes)
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
In a very large mixing bowl, combine corn chips, fish-shape crackers, oyster crackers, and vegetable sticks. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Stir in marshmallows before serving. Makes 11 cups good for about 16 servings for your mermaid party, luau party or beach party!
- One quart pineapple, lime, or orange sherbet or sorbet
- Fresh pineapple, papaya, or mango slices
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- Whip cream
- Scoop sherbet or sorbet into six dessert dishes.
- Add Fresh pineapple, papaya, or mango slices. Top each serving with a spoonful or pineapple ice cream topping.
- Add pressurized whipped dessert topping. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 servings
Top delicious sorbet with crushed pineapple, whip cream and fresh fruit slices. Refreshing favorite for any Mermaid or Pirate Party!!
- three 6-inch unsliced French-style rolls
- yellow mustard
- 6 ounces sliced pastrami, cooked ham, roast beef, turkey or hotdog
- 3 slices cheese (provolone, mozzarella or swiss)
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato cut in slices
- 6 pretzel rod sticks
- 2 wooden skewers
- Make a small slit 4 inch long on the top of each roll. Hollow out a 3/4-inch wide strip of bread along the slit. Spread the inside of the bun with mustard and/or mayonnaise.
- Divide meat and cheese evenly among the rolls. Add lettuce and tomato wedges to each sandwich. Cut sandwich in half before serving during a luau party or mermaid party.
- Cut out Pirate Sails and use a skewer to poke through two sails. Insert into sandwiches. Repeat again for the second mast.
- Put 3 pretzel rods on one side as oars, repeat for the other side. Makes 6 servings.
Pirate Tuna Melt Sandwiches
|Add a new fun twist to otherwise ho-hum sandwiches. Serve your swash-buckling, hungry crowd some tasty sandwiches that will satisfy even the most picky buccaneer!|
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon relish
- 6 slices of bread stamped and toasted pirate stamp
- 3 slices cheese, any flavor
- Mix tuna, mayonaise, mustard and relish together.
- Stamp bread with pirate stamp, toast.
- Spread tuna mixture on bread.
- Top with one slice of cheese.
- Toast in toaster or on top of stove with a pan (add some butter).
- When the toast is brown take it out of the toaster or pan.
- Cut off crust.
- Serve to the hungry pirates! Arrrrrrrr!!!!
Seven-Seas Pasta Salad
- 2 cups medium macaroni shells
- 2 small carrots thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 4 ounces packaged processed cheese spread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse in cold water and drain. Mix pasta, carrots, cucumber, and pepper together. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours.
- Use a small star-shaped cutter to cut cheese slices into small stars. Toss with the salad right before serving. Makes 6 servings.
More Mermaid and Pirate Party Information:
- Recipes: Mermaid and Pirate Party Recipes
- Supplies: Mermaid Party Resources
- Recipes: Easy Hawaiian Party Food, Snacks and Drinks
- Recipes: More Summer Luau Party Drinks
Other Pirate Party Related Posts
- Pirate Party Supplies
- Pirate Party Ideas and Birthday Plan
- Pirate Download: Pirate Sails for Subs and Cakes (FREE)
- Party Recipe: Mermaid and Pirate Food Ideas
- Party Recipe: Easy Summer Luau Foods
- Party Drinks: Summer Luau Drinks
- Pirate Party Game: Captain Hook Game
- Pirate Party Game: Ring Toss Game
- Pirate Party Game: Bowling Game
- Pirate Party Game: Walk the Plank
- Pirate Party Room Decor: Gossamer Stone Wall
- Video: How To Make A Pirate Ship Outdoors
Other Posts Similar to this Mermaid and Pirate Party Recipes Post