Make Your Own Flip Flops
||Flip Flops are all the rage now for kids of all ages! A fun and practical craft for kids to do is to decorate their own flip flops during a Hawaiian Luau party, Sleepover or Slumber party, Girls Spa Party or any summer theme party. Just follow these simple instructions and let kids come up with their own creations. More Flip Flop Craft Activities here.|
Flip Flop Craft Supplies:
- Flip flops in assorted colors and sizes.
- Embellishments like gems, trim, beads, foamies, etc. from the craft stores.
- Glue. Special tacky glue for keeping gems secure.
- Vinyl thread for tying foamies (optional).
Flip Flop Craft Instructions:
- Make sure flip flops are clean or new. Otherwise use soft damp cloth to wipe the bands of the flip flop down.
- If you are using stick on gems with the glue backing on you can directly attach the gems to the flip flop. If they are not tacky enough use some glue before you attach it to the flip flop bands.
- Once the bands are decorated, you can use squiggle foamies to decorate the center of the flip flop by tying various foamies with a thin vinyl thread together and attaching it to the toe area of the flip flop.
- Let the glue dry for a few hours and your flip flop is done!
More Instructions for a Hawaiian Luau Party or Summer Beach Flip Flop Party
- Resources: Hawaiian Luau Party
- Party Planning: Luau Party Ideas
- Instructions: How to make Flip Flop Invitations
- Instructions: How to make a Luau Napkin Ring
- Instructions: How to make Luau Chair Sashes
- Instructions: How to decorate a Flip Flop for a Hawaiian Luau Party
- Instructions: How to make a Hawaiian Luau Flip Flop Cake
- Instructions: How to make a Luau Centerpiece
- Instructions: How to make Hibiscus Flowers (fondant or sugarpaste)
- Activities: Learn to do the Hula Dance
- Activities: Learn simple Hawaiian Words
- Recipes: Easy Hawaiian Party Food, Snacks and Drinks
- Recipes: More Summer Luau Party Drinks
- Recipes: Mermaid and Pirate Recipes
- Video: How to make a Hawaiian Luau Flip Flop Cake
- Video: How to make a Hawaiian Luau Napkin Ring