Video: How To Make A Pirate Ship Outdoors
||For a fun addition to your Pirate Theme Party or Halloween Pirate Haunted House, consider creating a Pirate ship outside your home. This one was created with PVC piping, paper grocery bags, and garden netting. Surplus black fabric was used as sails, together with a pirate flag.|
Pirate Ship Entrance Decor Supplies
The items used were mostly things found around the house, except for the garden netting and the long pieces of PVC piping.
- 1 long 4′ PVC piping (about 1″diameter)
- PVC fitting for 4 hubs to create the top of mast (looks like a cross and can fit 4 PVC pipes at right angles from each other)
- 3 PVC 2′ pipes of equal length to create top and sides of mast
- Garden netting
- Paper grocery bags
- Black leftover fabric
- Large Pirate flag
- Green Floral Wire
- Umbrella base stands (cast iron)
- Black spray paint
- Staple Gun
- Glue Gun
Pirate Ship Entrance Decor Directions
Step 1. Spray paint all PVC piping black and let dry for 1 hour.
Step 2. Create a tall mast with the PVC pipe by first inserting the 4′ tall piece into the cast iron umbrella base. The umbrella base needs to be heavy and made out of cast iron to be able to hold the mast up.
Step 3. Next, insert the the 4 hub PVC fitting to the top of the mast.
Step 4. Add in the 3 pieces of 2′ piping to the upper top of the mast and the two sides.
Step 5. Use staple gun to attach black fabric to the two sides of the sail. Cut the edges to make them look worn and frayed like the Black Pearl Ship or Flying Dutchman in Pirates of the Caribbean Movies or other Pirates Movies. Add a pirate flag as well.
Step 6. Wrap the garden netting around the ship by attaching it with nails to the sides of the garage. The front of the ship was held in place by a stick inserted into an old pot.
Step 7. Tape on old paper bags to the netting or use glue to secure in place. The glue gun came in handy with this. Don’t worry if the ship does not look perfect. The Flying Dutchman ship is the perfect model of this.
Step 8. Add striped effect by drawing in stripes to the ship with permanent marker.
Step 9. Play the Pirates of Caribbean theme song as guests arrive and shine a few spot lights on the ship for a grand effect.
Other Pirate Party Related Posts
- Pirate Party Supplies
- Pirate Party Ideas and Birthday Plan
- Pirate Download: Pirate Sails for Subs and Cakes
- Party Recipe: Mermaid and Pirate Food Ideas
- Party Recipe: Easy Summer Luau Foods
- Party Drinks: Summer Luau Drinks
- Pirate Party Game: Captain Hook Game
- Pirate Party Game: Ring Toss Game
- Pirate Party Game: Bowling Game
- Pirate Party Game: Walk the Plank
- Pirate Party Room Decor: Gossamer Stone Wall
- Video: How To Make A Pirate Ship Outdoors
- Pirate Party Invitation: Message In A Bottle Invitation