Alice In Wonderland: Carrot Cake
||If you will be hosting an Alice in Wonderland Party, an endless supply of carrot cake is a must since The March Hare feels compelled to always behave as though it is tea-time. This carrot cake is super moist and if made the day before the party the cream cheese frosting will stay nice and so soft, ready for the hare and his friends to sink their teeth into it! Alice in Wonderland Party Supplies|
Alice in Wonderland Party : Mad Hatter Tea Carrot Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softenend
Carrot Figurine Icing (optional)
- Red coloring gel to color icing
- Yellow coloring gel to color icing
- Kelly Green coloring gel
- Pan: 8.5″ x 11″
- Presto SaladShooter (optional)
- Angled Icing Spatula (0ptional)
- Icing Tip for Carrot: Icing Tip #6 (optional)
- Icing Tip for Carrot Leaves: Icing Tip #352 (optional)
- 350 F ( 175 C)
Alice in Wonderland: Mad Hatter Tea Party Carrot Cake Directions
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 8.5″ x 11″ pan. Gather supplies needed. Set butter and cream cheese out to soften ahead of time.
Step 2. In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients together: eggs, oil, white sugar and vanilla.
Step 3. Shred the carrots using a traditional shredder or with equipment like a Presto SaladShooter. This one I have is very old (at least 15 years!) but still works and does everything so quickly and easily without scraping my fingers on a regular shredder. The Salad Shooter is not for carrots alone, you can also slice cucumbers, potatoes, celery, apples, etc. Great for salads and healthy fruit snacks.
Step 4. Combine the dry ingredients – 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Fold in the chopped pecans and shredded carrots into the mixture with a spatula. Scrape sides of bowl to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
Step 5. Once everything is mixed together, pour batter into well-greased and floured pan. I know, looks kinda gross, but I promise it will be worth it. Just don’t look at the batter and stick it in the oven for 40-50 minutes. My oven is also old and not as efficient so it takes a bit longer. Check with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
Take out of the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes.
Invert onto a tray or serving platter. Let cool completely before icing.
Step 6. To make icing, place softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix together slowly until the icing is smooth and creamy. If it is too stiff, add a small amount of milk. If it is too runny, add some powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar) to the mixture.
Step 7. When the cake is completely cooled, ice the cake. Put big blobs of icing on the cake in several areas on the cake first. Then use an Angled Icing Spatula to smooth out the icing evenly allover the top of the cake.
Cut the cake into miniature pieces and place on a cupcake paper cups.
Step 7. Color some of the icing orange (using Red and Yellow coloring gel) and green (Kelly green color gel).
To Make A Carrot Icing Figurine:
Leaves: Using an Icing Tip #352 pipe in the leaves in one corner with the green icing. Hold the tip so that the “V” tip facing the ceiling. Then with a quick, short squeeze, ice the leaves onto the cake.
Carrot: For the carrot itself, using Icing Tip #6, begin squeezing at top of carrot using heavy pressure. Lift tip slightly, letting the icing zig-zag a bit as you move out and away from the top of the carrot. Gradually relax pressure to taper shape as you pull back. When carrot is desired length, relax pressure and pull tip back without lifting it off the surface to pull end to a point.
Other Alice in Wonderland – Mad Hatter Party related posts
- Store: Alice in Wonderland Party Supplies.
- Store: Alice in Wonderland Invitations.
- Store: Alice in Wonderland Postage Stamps
- Main Page: Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas.
- Invitations: Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Invitation (DIY)
- Printables: Mad Hatter – Eat Me and Drink Me Labels (Free Download)
- Printables: Alice in Wonderland Coloring Pages (Free Download)
- Decor: Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts’ Royal Pillow (DIY)
- Recipe: Alice in Wonderland Cake: The March Hare’s Carrot Cake.
- Recipe: Alice in Wonderland Snack: Rabbit’s Time Crackers.
- Recipe: Alice in Wonderland Snack: Keyhole Cracker and Key Pretzels.
- Recipe: Alice in Wonderland Recipe: Spools of Thread.
- Game: Alice in Wonderland Games: Scavenger Hunt Game.